Sanjay Thakrar, CEO at Euro Exim Bank Ltd. got economists thinking when he said:
A cyclist is a disaster for the country's economy
- He does not buy the car & does not take car loan
- Does not buy car insurance
- Does not buy Fuel
- Does not send his car for servicing & repairs
- Does not use paid Parking
- Does not become Obese
- Yes.....and well, damn it !! Healthy people are not needed for economy. They do not buy drugs. They do not go to Hospitals & Doctors.
- They add nothing to the country's GDP.
- On the contrary, every new McDonald outlet creates at least 30 jobs - 10 Cardiologists, 10 Dentists, 10 weight loss experts apart from people working in McDonald outlet.
Choose wisely: A Cyclist or a McDonald?
What Shri.Sanjay Thakrar says is not new, VK-NARDEP since its inception in 1986, advocating a paradigm shift from the model of GDP/GNP to the model of well-being and the Happiness Index. COVID-19 has given the humanity an opportunity to look inward, to introspect, to carry out course correction and make necessary changes in our life style. Hope Post Covid-19, it will not be ‘Business as usual’ but will switch over to a more Sustainable Dharmic model. It is the need of the hour for the survival of Humanity.
Being the period of lockdown, instead of our regular format we are covering the following:
- Interesting history of Azolla and its relationship with North Vietnam.
- Radio interview of our SHG member on AIR, Nagercoil.
- Two case studies on our work of Renovating Traditional Water bodies at Rameswaram.
- Two patients of our Green Health Home giving their impressions.
- Innovative work in the field of Ferro-cement technology
- Two new models of Shakti Surabhi exclusively for Cattle dung based and another for Biomass waste based Bio-methanation
- In the Networking section, Relief activities carried out by VK-NARDEP Post Covid-19 and finally
- A tribute to VK-NARDEP’s earlier Office In-charge, Swami Krishnanandaji.
For reading the newsletter, please click here.
With best wishes,
Vivekananda Kendra - NARDEP,
Kanyakumari - 629 702,
Mobile : 09442646296, 04652 246296 (office)
web : vknardep.org & www.greenrameswaram.org