Promoting the Indigenous Medical systems
Based on ancient indigenous knowledge systems that take a holistic study of health focusing on physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. Documentation, Conservation and promotion of the indigenous health systems of Siddha, Ayurveda and ethno medicine.
- Identification of herbs and creation of Herbal gardens for various purposes
- Herbal Home Remedies
- Cultivation of Medicinal Plants
- Collection and Sale of Medicinal Plants through rural women SHGs, farmers, NGOs, students and other faculties
- Manufacturing of the Healthcare Products through rural women SHGs
- Documentation and creating awareness on indigenous medicine
- Conducting mass free herbal health care camps and workshops
Indigenous and effective siddha system of Marma/Varma which is indigenous and well flourishing in South Tamil Nadu has been for the first time studied effectively in the very first National Conference on the therapeutic dimensions of Marma/Varma system organized by VK - nardep.
Green Health camps are regularly conducted and also free herbal health camps are conducted in the villages. Herbal nurseries are installed in rural households and home herbal gardens are being installed in every house of the villages.